Program Manager is a senior leadership position, having the responsibility to form and lead a cross functional team to bring innovative, high-value products to market, capture market share, achieve revenue, and profitability objectives.¬† The Program Manager identifies ideal customer industries, understands the customer needs, and aligns and drives the entire organization to deliver against the promise to optimize the customer experience.
Key success factors include:
- Focus on ideal customer industries
- Know the customer‚Äôs requirements
- Forming cross-functional team with the charter to fulfill the customer‚Äôs requirements.¬† Where cross functional team Includes: Engineering, Manufacturing, Distribution, Marketing, Sales, Service and Admin
- Driving the cross functional team to deliver against the charter to optimize the customer experience
- Continuous monitoring of product market acceptance, taking corrective action as needed
- Involving senior management in high visibility opportunities
- Regular periodic reporting to senior management on the Program‚Äôs successes/failures, difficulties and next steps
Program Manager – once the organization has agreed to serve a customer community, the Program is chartered (operational plan developed and resource allocated), and then, the Program Manager takes on the responsibility for delivering the strategic objectives and operational goals.
Given these challenges, in order for a Program Manager to be successful, requires that the person:
1)¬†¬†¬† Owns the Vision and Program Execution Success, is the go-to-person who makes things happen‚Ä¶ ‚ÄúThe Buck Stops Here‚ÄĚ
2)¬†¬†¬† Has the expertise to lead the cross-functional team in assigning stakeholders, gaining ownership to responsibilities, knowing team interdependencies, and committing to achieving the Program Vision and Execution Goals
3)¬†¬†¬† Has the following skills sets: excellent cross functional team member selection, team building, execution monitoring, root-cause analysis, corrective action, coaching/mentoring/training and communications
If you would like to know more about our Program Manager coaching, mentoring, training and staff augmentation services, call us at (720) 352-3407 or email us at mailto:ProgramMgr@prismbusdev.com.