Major Account Manager
The Major Account Manager (MAM) assignment is a key element of sales leaderâ€™s Coverage Model.Â The MAM assignment focuses strategic sales resources (Business Consultant Trusted Advisor) on servicing Ideal Customers with High-Customer Value offers.Â The MAM is responsible for ensuring that business potential in Ideal Customer accounts is optimized for the short and long-term.Â To achieve the Ideal Customer sales goals, the MAM Sales Professional must provide the following:
- Knowledge of the Major Accountâ€™s Business Model
- Knowledge of the Major Account organization â€“ Parent, Peer, Divisions, Subsidiariesâ€¦
- A Mapping of Suspected Opportunities by Product/Service capabilities by organizations
- Organizational Org Charts
- Identity of Key Contacts by Organization including Title, Roles, Our Relationship & Typical Key Business Issues
- Opportunity Management
- Pain & Value Chains by Organization
- Identify Customer Initiative Sponsors/Champions with High-Value Need Payoffs
- Validation of Reasons to Buy
- Strategy to Overcome Reasons Not To Buy
- Effective & Efficient Use of CRM to document the above, sales model execution activities performed, sales model stage completion criteria achievement, timely movement to sales model next stage, forecast accuracy, pipeline management and management reporting.
If a MAM has not been successful in planning and executing the above activities and/or has not generated the needed business from the Ideal Customer Account in a timely manner, then the sales leader/manager must re-assign the account in order to achieve their coverage model goals. This situation may occur when there is a personality conflict and/or MAM skills deficiency that cannot be overcome quickly.
Note: If your company only provides a component to a complete solution, then you typically will need to team with Strategic Solution Provider and/or Strategic Channel Provider partners to participate in their MAM programs. Â Solution Component Providers rarely have MAM programs of their own.Â Solution Component Providers typically focus their strategic coverage account management on identifying, soliciting and managing Channel Partnership (Teaming) Relationships as outlined in their GTM Plan instead of end-user Major Account Management.
For additional information about Prism Business Development’s Major Account Management ServicesÂ
If you have questions about our Major Account Management (MAM) Services, please call us at (720) 352-3407 or email us at MAM@prismbusdev.com .