Channel Partner Manager
The Channel Partner Manager (CPM) assignment is a key element of sales leader’s Coverage Model. The CPM focuses strategic sales resources on teaming to service Ideal Customers and provide High-Customer Value offers. The CPM is responsible for ensuring that business potential in Ideal Customer accounts is optimized short and long-term. To achieve the Ideal Customer sales goals, the CPM Sales Professional must work with and through the Channel Partner to provide the following:
- Knowledge of the Strategic Channel Partner’s Business, Marketing, Sales and Distribution Model
- Knowledge of the Major Account organization – Parent, Peer, Divisions, Subsidiaries…
- Jointly developing a end-user Account Targeting and Mapping of Suspected Opportunities by Product/Service capabilities by the Channel Partner organization
- Organizational Org Charts
- Marketing – Jointly Develop Marketing Offers, Promotion & Product/Service Training
- Exchange of Ideal End-User Customer Identity, Targeting, Promotion & Sales Execution
- Joint Aligned Sales Model Execution, Opportunity Management, Forecasting, Pipeline Management and Management Reporting
- Effective & Efficient Use of Federated CRM to document the above
If a CPM has not been successful in planning and executing the above activities and/or has not generated the needed business from the Channel Partnership relationship in a timely manner, then the sales leader/manager must re-assign the account in order to achieve their coverage model goals. This situation may occur when there is a personality conflict and/or CPM skills deficiency that cannot be overcome quickly.
Note: The Channel Partner Manager is and integral part of the GTM Plan.
If you have questions about our Channel Partner Manager, please call us at (720) 352-3407 or email us at CPM@prismbusdev.com.